Rock Climbing & Rappelling
WARNING: ROCK CLIMBING IS ADDICTIVE!
Are you looking for a fun experience to share with friends and family? Look no further, you have found it! Try rock climbing in the Red River Gorge to see what it is all about.
Our basic guided rock climbing and rappelling trips are a fantastic way to enjoy the area and set your adventurous spirit free. Find out why this area is one of the most popular climbing destinations in the world.
Are you a beginning or experienced climber wishing to develop, hone and improve your skills? Consider trying one of our skill building class or clinic offerings.
Our guides have a mix of professional training and certifications, along with years of experience. We accommodate any experience level. All gear and equipment is included in the cost of the guided trip.
Guided rock climbing, guided rappelling and classes are available 7 days a week. Please contact us to reserve a day. A 24-hour notice is preferred, but feel free to contact us for availability and we’ll fit you in if possible.
Basic Guided Rock Climbing & Rappelling rates –
Rates are listed per person unless otherwise noted.
|# in Group||1/2 day *||Full day **|
|7+||Please contact us|
*Half day trips are up to 4.5 hours.
**Full day trips are 5 to 8 hours.
Available Skill Building Classes
Rates are listed according to number of participants.
|# in Group||Full day|
This is an entry level course for people with little or no rock climbing experience. You will learn knots, gear, terminology, belaying and rappelling. Also included will be simple rope set-ups and technique coaching.
1 to 4 people
Gym to Outdoor Transition Course
When climbing outdoors for the first time, with only prior gym experience, let us help you make that transition to the crags with ease and confidence. Focus is on safety, cleaning bolt anchors, rappelling, being lowered, belaying and leading theory.
This is an information intensive course. Considering a second day to reinforce lessons learned is recommended.
1 to 2 days
1 to 4 people
What to Bring/Special Considerations:
We provide all the gear for rock climbing. You should wear clothing that doesn’t restrict your movements (especially your legs) and that is suitable for the weather, sturdy shoes for hiking (no sandals or flip flops please!), and bring plenty of water for everyone in your group, especially in the warmer months. We will be hiking to all of the climbing areas that we visit so plan on walking up to 20 minutes prior to climbing.
Some other suggested items:
- insect repellent
- hat and/or sunglasses
- your own harness and climbing shoes (if you have them)
- rain gear
Please DO NOT bring:
- alcoholic beverages
- lawn chairs
- You should bring no more than you can comfortably carry in a small day pack. We can provide small day-packs for your personal things.
Give a Friend the
Gift of Adventure!!!
- We require a 25% deposit to reserve climbing dates. Deposit will be refunded if you cancel by phone (859)-230-3567 no less than two weeks (14 days) prior to scheduled event, minus a $25 processing fee.
- Red River Outdoors reserves the right to cancel a guided trip due to weather or other uncontrollable circumstances. If this happens, you will receive a full refund of your deposit.
- If you booked a “Stay & Play” package and cancel your guided trip, you will NOT receive the 10% discount on your cabin rental.
- If we have to cancel the guided trip due to weather or other uncontrollable circumstances, we will honor the 10% discount on your cabin rental. Please view our “Stay and Play” page for other rules for the offer.
Contact us for more information
(606) 663-7625 (Office – Cabin Reservations)
(859) 230-3567 (Cell – Guiding Reservations)
Or email us at email@example.com